Blog Archives

An Invitation.

For the last few months, I’ve been really excited to be working with some folks in the community towards forming a food policy council for our city and county. This is the continuation of work that I’ve been doing in

The Big Crafty! this Sunday, July 10, Noon-6

We will be there, and we will have CUPCAKES. And… we’ll be sharing our booth with none other than Hannah Dansie of Sugar Two Shoes and Two of Hearts fame. There will be literally hundreds of awesome, handmade vendors, and

Homestyle

Some of our first wedding cakes of the season: Vegan Raspberry Almond Cake for 100 Cake wonderland at Brahma Ridge Spring wedding season is here! We are busier than ever, and we are so excited to bust out the most

Welcome to the Neighborhood, Anam Cara Theatre Collective!

The Cake Shop is so excited to welcome our new neighbors, the Anam Cara Theatre Collective, to the neigborhood! In just the past week or so, we’ve watched the hardworking women of the collective move, paint, clean, and shine up

Short Street Cakes + Dripolator = Love!

Hey Friends!I just wanted to let you know that I will be bringing two dozen cupcakes over to the Dripolator today, thus inaugurating our relationship with Dripolator as the exclusive downtown location for procuring Short Street Cakes Cupcakes! We will

Happy 5th Birthday, Jasper!

This week, we celebrated Jasper’s 5th birthday! We started the day with birthday pancakes:And made birthday decorations with his friends. We had birthday dinner:Consisting of Jasper’s preferred menu of cheeseburgers, oatmeal, and “soft carrots with honey.” And cake. The next

Introducing: Community Coupons!

We’re really excited to launch a new community endeavor here at the Cake Shop: “Community Coupons!” Here’s the deal: every couple of months, we will chose a different non-profit group in the community as our Community Coupon recipient. The non-profit

Grassroots Revival this Sunday!

This Sunday, from 4-8 pm at the Pearson Garden in Montford, Bountiful Cities will be hosting our annual Grassroots Revival- a chance for people and groups working for social change and sustainability to get together, socialize, and foment creativity and

Family, Love and Community

Friends, you may have noticed the conspicuous absence of my husband from these pages in the past year, and you may have read in the very excellent recent article by Barbara Blake about my history that my son’s father and

Thank you, Citizen Times, for profiling “The Woman Behind Short Street Cakes!”

This article appeared in the living section of Sunday’s Asheville Citizen-Times. I feel honored to share my story, and I know that we each have a beautiful story to tell. Click to view the full article: “From scratch, with love:

Instagram
Sorry:

- Instagram feed not found.
Twitter
Your Shopping Cart
Your cart is empty
Categories
Archives